Pool workouts are one of the most effective ways to lose weight. Doing water sports quickly and efficiently corrects your figure without negatively affecting your health. The pool has a complex effect on the body, not only destroying fat deposits, but also improving the general condition.
Does the pool help you lose weight?
Scientifically proven slimming pool workouts. Water creates high resistance, which increases muscle tension during standard movements. At the same time, the joints and the spine receive minimal stress. This condition ensures the effect of being in the pool without the risk of injury, regardless of whether the person can swim.
During a measured swim in the pool for an hour, up to 600 kilocalories are burned. With intense exercise, this figure can be increased to 1000 kcal. Regular training provides a positive effect after a month of swimming.
Swimming does not apply to muscle gain. This sport tones the muscles and gives them endurance. Therefore, it is almost impossible to accidentally pump up powerful arms or torso while trying to lose weight.
Swimming is popular due to a number of advantages:
- fast effect of burning body fat;
- strengthening the respiratory and cardiovascular systems;
- impact on almost all muscle groups;
- minimum number of contraindications;
- has a positive effect on flexibility, definition and posture.
For weight loss, it is recommended to exercise in the pool 8 to 12 times a month.
Benefits of Slimming Pool Workout
Swimming against excess weight is more effective for women than for men. Pool workouts use more calories than running. Depending on the swimming style, the following is burned per hour of the lesson:
- 500 kilocalories - rabbit;
- 520 kilocalories - breaststroke;
- 560 kilocalories - on the back;
- 570 kcal - butterfly.
In addition to destroying body fat, swimming:
- prevents the development of flat feet;
- stimulates lung function;
- maintains the physical fitness of women in position;
- has a massage effect.
To burn excess weight, the water temperature in the pool should be between +24 and +28 degrees Celsius. During training, you need to alternate styles. Before swimming, warm up: before immersion in water, and after. At the initial stage, the duration of the workout should be 30 minutes. In the future, the class time rises to 1 hour.
For weight loss, it is recommended to swim intensively - at the beginning of the workout, slow and relaxing - at the end. After class, you should not eat food for an hour and a half in order to consolidate the effect.
You can get the most out of your pool workout by combining swimming and water aerobics.
The best sets of exercises
The basic slimming complex consists of swimming and water gymnastics. Weight loss training for women and men is different. The following complex is provided for the female sex:
- crawl swimming for 10 minutes - warm-up stage;
- swimming without legs for 5 minutes - load on arms, shoulders, pectoral muscles;
- alternation of brace and crawl for 10 minutes - the main stage;
- swimming with a board for 10 minutes - load on the legs;
- swimming for 10 minutes with increasing speed - main stage;
- slow swimming for 15 minutes in any style is the final stage for relaxation.
After swimming, it is recommended to do water gymnastics, or perform steps under water.
Training for men is carried out as follows:
- warm-up - 5 minutes;
- swimming in any style with increasing speed - 5 minutes;
- board swimming using only feet - 10 minutes; backstroke - 10 minutes;
- swimming with alternating accelerated and slowed tempo - 15 minutes;
- slow relaxing swimming in any style - 15 minutes.
The list of basic water gymnastics exercises includes:
- jumping in the water;
- jolts from the side of the pool;
- running in water.
Water aerobics is usually supervised by a trainer. Self-practice is not recommended even for experienced swimmers.
A comprehensive program has been developed to remove fat deposits on the abdomen and sides, including:
- water aerobics;
- ab exercises;
- waist exercises.
Aquafitness additionally makes the skin more elastic. This feature minimizes the risk of stretch marks after burning excess weight. Aquafitness includes the following exercises:
- jogging under water, being in the pool up to the waist and above;
- pushing and pulling the swimming board with your hands while in the pool up to your chest;
- backstroke with legs.
Water aerobics provides the effect of power loads. It is recommended in addition to aquafitness, or people who do not feel stress from it. Water aerobics consists of a set of exercises:
- jumps in water up to the neck with straight arms - you must try to touch your palms with your toes;
- jumps in water up to the chest with legs wide apart - at the moment of the jump, the legs are brought together, and when diving, they are spread as wide as possible;
- Raises the legs to the chest in the position of the henchman on his back in the water.
Water ab work consists of two main exercises. They are highly effective, therefore they are recommended for almost all people visiting the pool:
- simultaneous lifting of the legs to the chest while lying on the back in the water with arms extended along the body;
- raising legs with a fitball clamped between them, leaning back with hands on the side.
The number of repetitions for each exercise is individually adjustable. In between exercises, you must walk in the water. This action relaxes the muscles and creates a massage effect.
Waist slimming exercises are performed at depth without touching the bottom of the legs:
- turns of the upper body (at the moment of movement, to maintain balance, you can press your leg to your chest);
- alternate knee lifts to the elbows, holding hands behind the head (it is allowed to perform while standing in the pool up to the chest and touching the bottom).
To maximize muscle development, it is recommended to do the above exercises together.
For slim legs
Pool leg workout has two stages. In the first stage, simple warm-up exercises are performed. The second stage includes a set of actions aimed directly at burning fat and training muscles.
The warm-up stage is carried out as follows:
- spreading and bringing feet together in the water, holding onto the side;
- alternate swinging legs forward, standing in the water; steps in the water;
- bending the knee and raising the toe to the buttocks in a standing position;
- jumping on two legs forward and backward.
These warm-up exercises are performed for 5 minutes. They can also be used in a training program. To do this, you need to increase the number of repetitions and the duration of each action.
For complex muscle training use:
- cross step with high intensity;
- high jumps in place;
- stretching with a side.
The optimal number of repetitions for each exercise is 20 times. People with poor physical fitness can reduce the amount of exercise.
For slimming buttocks
Exercises designed to lose weight on the buttocks work on the hips at the same time. Therefore, the complex for these parts of the body is similar. The training is carried out in stages. First you need to enter the water up to your chest, and then execute:
- alternate crossing of arms and legs while maintaining an even posture;
- jumping in place with arms raised.
Then steps in the water are performed. This exercise additionally trains the back muscles. The duration of execution is from 15 to 20 minutes. To consolidate the effect, do:
- swing your legs with a side, standing in the water up to your neck;
- alternate leg raises back to the buttocks;
- bike and scissors using noodle.
It is recommended to alternate the listed exercises with swimming. This sport is able to independently tighten the buttocks and hips, forming a beautiful relief and eliminating fat deposits.
For embossing press
Abs are included in any pool workout routine. The abdominal muscles have great endurance, so they need to be trained more often than others. To eliminate body fat and prevent its formation, the following exercises are performed:
- raising straight legs at an angle;
- twisting the body;
- scissors while lying on the water.
In the pool, you can do almost all of the same exercises that are used in standard abs workouts.
To obtain a high-quality effect in a short period of time, it is necessary to alternate the tempo when performing the same actions from fast to slow, and vice versa.
In the presence of cellulite, a set of exercises is performed that affects different muscle groups. The task of training is to tone the whole body. The exercises are performed in four stages:
- first stage- breeding and bringing straight arms in a standing position up to the neck in water with open palms, jumping in place on two legs for 2 minutes (alternating in several approaches);
- second stage- alternate leg raises at an angle of 45 degrees, resting your back on the side;
- third stage- jumping on one leg with the other leg raised and arms outstretched (legs alternately change);
- fourth stage- flexion of the knee extended forward, standing with the other foot on the bottom of the pool.
The listed exercises can be accompanied by: torso turns, scissors, knee lifts, swings.
To effectively combat cellulite, exercise in water must be alternated with swimming. It will take much longer to get a quality effect using either exercise or swimming.
Water aerobics includes two stages: warm-up and main. The first stage consists of simple exercises:
- inhales and exhales with arms raised up in a standing position in the water;
- a mill with the help of hands with movements in different directions (hands are completely in the water);
- bends in different directions - the neck should not fall below the water level;
- jumping out of the water;
- bending the knee with a lift to the buttocks.
The warm-up phase is mandatory before moving to the main one. The second phase includes physically challenging exercises that can cause injury if you skip the warm-up. The main exercises are:
- swing your legs up, sitting with your buttocks on the bottom of the pool with the water level up to your chest;
- jumps in the water from the squat (performed at the minimum depth);
- scissors with your feet in deep water up to your chest;
- rotation of the waist in the water, holding on to the side.
Walk in water between exercises during rest. Standing still can freeze. Aqua aerobics burns body fat three times a week.
Pool workout is an effective method of losing weight. Water activities include a set of exercises aimed at working out the whole body. But for maximum effect with minimum health risk, pool training should be performed strictly in accordance with the instructions and under the supervision of a trainer.