There are many ways to get rid of those extra pounds, some people prefer exercise, and for some, diet is a better option. Sports and dietary restrictions are often combined for maximum results. There is a keto diet for weight loss that athletes have known about for a long time.
The keto diet is intended not only for losing excess weight, but also for drying the body, which made it famous in the circles of athletes, especially when doing bodybuilding. This ketone diet for women allows you to adjust your figure, but for this you need to combine it with training.
The keto diet works as follows: the body uses carbohydrates as a source of energy, when it lacks them, it starts using fat. This is the core of the system in which carbohydrate intake is minimized. At the same time, it must be remembered that carbohydrates are necessary for the body and it is completely impossible to exclude them. An equally important point of the keto diet is the correct ratio of protein, fat and carbohydrate, the calculation of the total calorie content. If the goal is to dry your body, be sure to exercise.
What you need to know
This is the name the keto diet received because of the state of the body in which it is during such a diet. The normal process that occurs when carbohydrates enter the body, when they are broken down into glucose, it is the source of energy for the body. In cases when the body does not receive carbohydrates, ketone bodies are produced from fatty acids, and they serve as a source of energy. The very state of the body is called ketosis, which was the name for this low-carb diet.
There are three types of diet, the result depends on the right choice! In order for the keto diet to bring results and the menu for the week was drawn up correctly, you need to figure out what type of keto diet you need to adhere to:
- The simplest option is the standard one, suitable for those who do not have very heavy loads during training. With this type of keto diet, the ratio of protein to fat is constant with minimal carbohydrate intake.
- The next option is for those who have intense workouts, this type of keto diet is called a targeted or targeted diet, characterized by periodic carbohydrate loads. This is done so that the body receives enough glucose during the load on the body, which helps to avoid fatigue and lethargy. This input of carbohydrates occurs only before and after training, the rest of the diet remains unchanged.
- And last but not least, the cyclical form, such a keto diet is intended for experienced athletes with intense training. In this case, the input of carbohydrates and the frequency of consumption directly depend on the depletion of the body, the intensity of physical activity. The calculation is based on the individual needs of the body.
When choosing the type of keto diet, you need to use the only rule:
When the body lacks calories, a person loses weight, with an excess of them, muscle mass grows during physical exertion.
It is equally important for muscles to get carbohydrates before and after workouts, as this saves them from destruction, so it is better to start with the target type.
In order for the ketogenic diet for girls for a week to be correctly compiled, it is worth paying attention to the calculation of calories, the ratio of fat, protein, carbohydrate and get acquainted with the list of foods that need to be excluded.
It should be understood that each person has their own daily calorie intake, which directly depends on weight and physical activity. If the goal is to lose weight, 500 kcal should be subtracted from the daily allowance, the resulting figure is the daily value. In cases where you need to build muscle, on the contrary, add 500 kcal.
The ratio of protein, carbohydrate and fat:
- For an accurate and correct ratio, you need to calculate the amount based on individual parameters.
- Protein Intake: 2. 2 g per kg of lean muscle mass. 1 g of protein contains 4 kcal.
- Fat Intake: 1. 8 g per kg of lean muscle mass. 1 g - 9 kcal.
- Carbohydrate intake: 0. 22 to 0. 44 g per kg of lean muscle mass. 1 g - 4 kcal.
When calculating, the daily rate is taken, it is not necessary to calculate each meal perfectly, separately fat, carbohydrates and proteins. It is much more convenient and easier to control the total calorie intake in the evening and maintain a balance, while calculating the protein and carbohydrate norm, then fats.
An example can be used to see how the calculation takes place:
- With a daily rate of 2000 kcal, the goal is to lose weight, in this case, 1500 kcal will be the norm. This rate should be divided into 4 or 5 meals, depending on your own preferences, or adhere to the diet based on the total daily rate.
- For example, dry muscle mass is 50 kg, for this, the norm is multiplied by 2. 2 by the mass of 50, it turns out 110 g in calories 440.
- Further, carbohydrates: the same muscle mass of 50 kg is multiplied by the norm of 0. 22, it turns out 11 g, in calories 44.
- Last but not least, fats are calculated, the protein and carbohydrate norm is subtracted from the daily norm: 1500 - 440 - 44 = 1016 kcal, which corresponds to 112 g.
There may be deviations in the total calorie content, since the types of keto diets involve additional intake of carbohydrates.
How to do it correctly:
- If the keto diet involves the use of the target type, before training, you need to add the intake of carbohydrates, per 1 kg of weight from 0. 5 to 1 g, divide the resulting amount into 2 parts, before and after the session. In addition, the rate of fat should be reduced so that the total calorie intake remains unchanged.
- In the case of a cyclical keto diet, add 5 to 10 g of carbohydrates per kg of dry weight. Such an introduction of carbohydrates occurs after 2 weeks of the diet and is applied only once a week. It is imperative to monitor the general condition and sensations, since discomfort is possible, then the diet should be adjusted.
- As you can see from the calculations, protein foods are the main part of the diet. With this keto diet, there is no framework in the products, the only rule is the minimum intake of carbohydrates.
- At the same time, gently make sure that the diet is complete and healthy, as the body needs it, especially during exercise.
Nutritionist:"ketone, or ketogenic, diet is a" minus "diet, when the body is taught to do without carbohydrates. Some dishes of the ketone diet are familiar to everyone: for example, such a dish as eggs with sausage or cheese. They practically do not contain carbohydrates. Stewed green beansand meat, fish and salad. Many may think that this diet is quite complete, but it is not. The danger of the ketone diet is that carbohydrate foods usually provide the body with fiber, vitamins and other ballast substances. As a result, a person, even with intense trainingwill face the risk of constipation, and low quality meat products are also a big problem. The cholesterol and fat contained in them increase the risk of heart disease and atherosclerosis. It must be remembered that the ketone diet is contraindicated with intense and frequent strength training, with intense strength training is recommendedonly a cyclic version of the diet. It should be recalled that animal starch glycogen, stored in the liver is consumed for each workout. This amount is about 150 g. Therefore, a long-term ketone diet will lead to depletion of reserves, and the alternative energy path can only provide a minimum of energy. "
Keto diet menu for the week
In the table below, we have detailed the keto diet menu for the week, the diet is suitable for both women and men. It is allowed to change dishes and replace them with your own version, the main thing is that the daily calorie intake is observed.
The amount of food consumed is calculated individually.
|Day of week||Breakfast / Second breakfast||Lunch / Afternoon snack||Dinner|
|Monday||Omelet, toast with cheese / Protein shake, nuts||Chicken (breast), rice (brown), cheese / Cottage cheese, protein shake||Fish (not very fatty), buckwheat, salad|
|Tuesday||Spinach omelet, tea (not sweet), grapefruit / Yogurt||Chicken breast, salad. (you can make a salad dressed with olive oil) / Curd||Foil-baked fish (not very fatty)|
|Wednesday||Omelet, cocktail, cheese / Cocktail, nuts||Chicken (breast), scrambled eggs, salad / Cocktail||Fish (not very fatty), salad, grapefruit|
|Thursday||Omelet yogurt, tea / cheese||Chicken, lettuce (herbs and avocado), broth / Kefir, nuts||Fruits, berries, tuna|
|Friday||Omelet, toast with cheese, coffee / Kefir||Chicken (boiled), vegetables, cheese / Cottage cheese||Fish (not very fatty), herbs, cucumbers|
|Saturday||Buckwheat porridge, beef tongue, beet salad / Kefir||Soup, meat, salad, compote / Yoghurt, wheat germ||Beef or fish|
|Sunday||Omelet with herbs / Yogurt (without sugar), can be replaced with kefir||Chicken soup (no potatoes and pasta) / Steamed fish, salad||Meat (not very fatty) baked or boiled|
If the result is achieved, you need to get out of the keto diet correctly, for this you cannot overeat and introduce too fatty high-calorie foods into the diet, you cannot stop playing sports.
Important! Any diet has contraindications and possible side effects!
Before using this method of keto nutrition, you should study the cases in which use is prohibited.
If there are diseases:
- Digestive system:
- With diabetes.
Taking a keto diet can worsen your health and cause complications.
In addition, the keto diet can cause side effects:
- A feeling of fatigue may occur, most often it appears in the first days of such a keto diet, then it goes away.
- It is important to keep an eye on your cholesterol levels. This is dangerous for the cardiovascular system.
- If the diet is not formulated correctly, there is a lack of minerals and vitamins, which is very dangerous to health.
- Drinking a small amount of liquid can lead to an increased concentration of ketone bodies in the blood, which is also dangerous.
- Eliminate alcohol consumption during the keto diet.
In many ways, the side effects of a keto diet depend on the amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fat entering the body, the lack of which causes health problems. The effectiveness of the keto diet and positive results can be noted, but at the same time it is impossible not to pay attention to the side effects of a lack of carbohydrates. If this particular diet is chosen, the most important thing is the correct composition of the diet. It must provide the body with all the necessary vitamins and minerals, which will ensure a positive result and protect against possible negative consequences. Although the diet is designed to reduce the amount of carbohydrates, they cannot be completely ruled out, this will harm the body. For proper keto nutrition, all the ingredients are important - fats, proteins and carbohydrates - in the right ratio.
Reviews of those who have lost weight
- Woman, 32 years old: "I was on diets for a long time, but the results were very deplorable, the maximum that I was trying to achieve was to lose just a couple of kilograms. On the Internet, our interesting information about Lyle MacDonald's method, I decided to try it on myself. Few of those whoHe knows me, believes that in a month I managed to lose more than ten kilograms, and without daily visits to the gym. Moreover, in addition to reducing my waist, I have significantly strengthened my muscles, now I can even participate in any model competition without shame - a figure for a feast for the eyes. "
- Girl, 25 years old: "Ever since studying at the institute, I got used to going to the gym regularly. At the same time, I constantly monitor my diet, I eat only healthy foods. This year I decided to try the ketone diet on myself, it seems to me that there will be no difficulties with it. and the muscles need to be strengthened a little. The results pleased me - only a month has passed, and the scales show an excellent result - minus 9 kg. "
- Woman, 28 years old: "I have never considered myself an athlete, although I try to do a regular jog every morning, I also devote a few minutes at home for simple gymnastics. I tried to go on a ketone diet, and a miracle happened - I started to say goodbye to the extra pounds. This diet has a minor minus - I can only lose weight slowly, but I have nowhere to rush - I'm already happy with the results. "