Perhaps one of the most common problems for women is a large or saggy belly, which can appear as a result of many factors. Improper nutrition, pregnancy, childbirth, hormonal disorders - this is just a small list of reasons why fat appears in the abdomen. The question is: how to get rid of excess belly fat? We will be pleased to provide the answer to this question in today's article.
So, the first thing that will help us in the fight against belly fat is proper nutrition and exercise. As an aid, you can resort to a diet for the abdomen or good nutrition. In addition, you can independently create a nutrition program that will help you lose weight, including in the abdominal area. For this, bakery products, carbonated drinks, smoked and fatty foods and alcohol should be excluded from the diet. The diet should be composed in such a way that it is dominated by fruits, vegetables and dietary meats.
Well, for a stable and long-lasting result, in addition to the diet, you should actively play sports. Jogging, swimming, dancing and exercising in the gym can help you with this.
A set of exercises for slimming the abdomen
However, if you do not have time for all of the above physical activities outside the home, then you can successfully perform a set of exercises for losing weight on the abdomen at home.
Note that just 20 minutes a day is enough for your belly to become flat and beautiful. The main rule is that classes should be held regularly.
So what exercises will help you lose weight in the belly area?
Exercise number 1
Sit on the floor, rest your legs on a stationary, stable object and bend to the sides, back and forth, holding your hands in the lock at the back of your head. This exercise is a kind of warm-up that will prepare the muscles for further work.
Exercise number 2
Lying on the floor, raise both legs at a 90-degree angle with your knees not bending and your upper body off the ground. The number of repetitions - starting from 15 (add 2-3 lifts every day).
Exercise number 3
Lie on the floor and pull the bent right knee and the elbow of the left hand towards each other, then straighten and do the same with the left knee and right elbow. Repeat 20 times for each position.
Exercise number 4
Lie on the floor, straighten, bend your legs slightly at the knees and raise your pelvis to the maximum possible height. Now lock this position for 10 seconds and lower yourself slowly. Repeat the exercise 15 times. Note that this exercise not only tightens the abdomen, but also strengthens the muscles of the buttocks and legs.
Exercise number 5
Lying on the floor, bend your legs slightly at the knees, while your back and legs are in one straight line, and your arms are smoothly brought behind your head. Now slowly, lift your upper body so that your chest touches your bent knees. You need to start the exercises from 5 times, gradually increasing the amount to the maximum possible for you, but not causing unpleasant or painful sensations.
Belly Slimming Exercises for Men
The exercises described above can be successfully used not only by women. But as for men, they can be advised some more additional exercises that will create the desired loads on the oblique muscles, biceps and lower legs:
- Sit on the floor, leaning back slightly and resting on your hands. Raise both legs at the same time, press them to your stomach and lower them to the floor, straightening.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Do the same, only alternately with the right and left legs, pressing them to the chest (slightly tilt the torso forward) and straightening them to the floor.
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent. Press your hands to your chest, clenching your palms into a fist. Sharply stretch your left and right arms up in turn (as if you are boxing), trying to raise your active shoulder as much as possible.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Only now it is necessary to try to reach the knee with your hand: now with the right, now with the left, and then with both at the same time.
- Take the starting position as for push-ups - placing your body horizontally on the floor, face down, resting on your palms and toes. Now, alternately tearing off the opposite arm and leg, connect them together with your elbow and knee in the abdomen. So, keeping your right hand and left foot on the floor, lean the elbow of your bent left hand against the knee of your bent right leg under your stomach. Keep your balance.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Keeping your back and lower back as motionless as possible parallel to the floor, alternately raise your arm and leg up from opposite sides. So, lift your left arm and right leg off the floor, while sharply swinging them up. Repeat with the right arm and left leg.
- Lie on the floor with your arms at your sides. Raise your straight legs up and hold them for a few seconds (gradually increase this time). Do not raise your head while doing this.
- The starting position of the body is the same as in the previous exercise. Do all the same, just raise your head and shoulders at the same time.
Start with 15 repetitions for each exercise, gradually increasing their number - at least to 20, but better to 50 or more, since the result will directly depend, among other things, on the number of repetitions. At first, it will be enough to do 3 times a week, but gradually bring the number of workouts to 5, while not forgetting to diversify the exercises and increase the number of their repetitions.
However, the described exercises for slimming the abdomen for men will be useful for women as well, so try it, dear ladies!
Exercises for slimming the sides of the abdomen
And that's not all. There are also special exercises for losing weight on the sides of the abdomen. They are very effective and able to adjust the silhouette:
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart, arms can be placed on the future waist. Now bend diagonally forward to the left leg - backward to the right. Tilt to 90 °, then change direction. Try to feel the tension in the sides; this is where the fold should occur. Later, you can complicate this exercise by swinging your arm up and bending your leg at the knee.
- Lie on the floor, spread your arms to the sides, and bend your legs at the knees and press them to your stomach. Without lifting your upper back off the floor, place your feet on the floor either to the right or to the left of your thigh.
- Lie on your side on the floor with your arm bent at the elbow. Place your feet on a hill (for example, on a stool). Now lift your body up, extending your bent arm, but from elbow to palm, it should fit snugly against the floor for support. In this case, the body should take a straight position, parallel to the floor. The upper arm is placed at the waist. Bend your body down at the waist, making swaying movements, but at the same time remaining canopy. Repeat 15 times. Do the same by changing the "active" side of the waist.
To shape the waist, it is very logy to also do lunges, squats, work with a hoop and a hula-hoop.
That's all! Now you know how to get rid of belly fat and become the owner of beautiful abs! But remember that if after 2 weeks of regular intense training you do not notice absolutely any positive results, then this means that either you are eating incorrectly or doing the exercises incorrectly: pay attention to the technique and do not be lazy! You should be able to feel the muscles that you are loading during the exercise. And do not forget that any high-quality weight loss occurs systemically: proper nutrition plus regular exercise.
Good luck and wonderful results!