The drinking diet is for those looking for a quick and effective way to lose weight. It, like the paleo diet, is simple in essence, but relatively difficult to perform. You do not need to be smart with the diet, but you have to curb the cravings for tasty things. But instead of extra pounds, good health and self-confidence will come.
This is one of the most effective weight loss techniques. It cannot be otherwise, because the diet involves the rejection of solid foods for several weeks. And a closed food tap is a good reason to dump ballast.
Peculiarities of the drinking diet
The essence of a drinking diet is that the body temporarily stops receiving solid food. The main component of the diet for the period of the diet is water. She is the basis of any dish. Only watery, mushy dishes are eaten. The diet of a starving person consists of broths, cereals, juices, and fermented milk products. And, of course, from water - you need to drink a lot of it.
The effectiveness of the diet is measurable - in a week of a half-Spartan life, you can lose up to 5-10 kg.
The classic diet is a 30-day drinking marathon. But it is available only to strong-willed people, so there are more gentle options - for 7 and 14 days.
The number of days is important, but in the end the numbers are relative. For those who do not want or cannot follow a weekly diet, no one bothers to starve even less, up to one day. Short-term dietary changes are useful for those who seek to quickly lose a few pounds. For example, before vacation.
The number of diet days is not directly proportional to the number of pounds lost. The greatest effect appears at the start. Efficiency decreases over time. But in general, a drinking diet cannot do without a certain dependence - how many days you "hold out", so much from the regime you will get.
Benefits of a Drinking Diet
A lean figure is not the only benefit of drinking.
- fatty layer melting before our eyes; the intake of food, leading to the appearance of deposits, is minimized, which means that the body has no choice but to extract calories from fat reserves;
- there is a global cleansing of the body - the work of the gastrointestinal tract improves, toxins go away, the skin becomes clean, all sorts of rashes disappear, a feeling of cheerfulness and lightness appears; the stomach decreases in size and no longer requires that much food to feel full;
- willpower increases and self-esteem rises; it is not easy to cope with the transition to "water" - it is logical that after the marathon a person feels stronger; Well, this, in turn, cannot but contribute to the growth of self-confidence.
Recall that in the classic version the duration of the diet is a month. In the first 10 days, the hollow organs are cleaned. Lightness and energy appear. A side effect can be a white coating on the tongue.
The second decade is the period of kidney and liver renewal. Sometimes this is associated with a little discomfort in this area. In the last decade, the body has been renewed at the cellular level. In the absence of contraindications and adherence to the regime, the starving person becomes noticeably slimmer under the final. His skin becomes clear.
Despite the benefits, a drinking diet is not for everyone. It is quite radical and requires consultation with a doctor. No matter how healthy the body is, it gets stressed when it refuses solid food. And there is always the risk of a negative reaction to a change in diet.
- it is not always possible to maintain a balanced intake of nutrients, and this is fraught with systemic failures - you can get gastritis, decreased immunity, anemia, etc. ;
- instead of lightness, you can get drowsiness and weakness: this is natural, because the body lacks components from which it builds an internal balance;
- there is a danger of an incorrect exit from the diet: a sharp transition to solid food is fraught with problems with the gastrointestinal tract, weaned from such a load;
- the need for a prolonged exit from the water diet - this takes twice as long as the diet itself;
- uncontrolled feeding after a period of "hydration" can lead to a rapid return to the original weight;
- the need to give up physical activity or reduce the intensity of "physical education", since during this period the strength becomes less and the body will not pull the extra energy expenditure.
Diet is contraindicated:
- children and the elderly;
- lactating and pregnant women;
- people with chronic problems of the digestive tract and diseases of several other organs (liver, kidneys, etc. );
- for diabetes mellitus;
- for persons prone to edema;
- for those who suffer from hypertension and diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Before you go on such a diet, you must undergo a medical examination. For any unpleasant symptoms while following the drinking diet, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Weight Loss Mechanism
The main trump card of the method is water. It helps to dull hunger without getting any calories in return. And if you add a few high-calorie foods to plain water, it is easy to achieve a feeling of fullness without burdening yourself with ballast kilograms.
Food on water is well absorbed by the body. This prevents the body from acquiring fat. Plus, with good absorption, metabolism is activated - the key to fast weight loss. Some diets are associated with dehydration. In our case, this does not threaten at all. By consuming water and watery food, the starving person maintains water balance. And this usually has a positive effect not only on the figure, but also on well-being.
Such a diet means that you will have to neglect solid foods for a while. And it does not mean that you can drink whatever your heart desires. It is necessary to refuse alcohol, fatty dairy products, coffee and cocoa, packaged juices, any carbonated drinks. Fatty broths and foods containing glucose, vegetable oil and sugar should be excluded from the diet.
If you decide to follow a drinking diet, your menu should include:
- drinking water (at least 1. 5 liters per day);
- freshly squeezed juices - including fruit and vegetable mixes;
- low fat broths; preferably homemade (beef, fish and chicken) - you should abandon bouillon cubes and similar products; can be seasoned with non-nutritive spices; strain it before using the broth - there are rules; you cannot cook broths on bones;
- low-fat dairy products; it is desirable that the fat coefficient be no more than 1. 5-2%;
- sugar-free jelly and compotes;
- fruit teas;
- dietetic puree soups.
A little bit has been said above about what to drink on a drinking diet. From drinks, in addition to water, you can use juices, compotes and jelly. It is recommended to prepare everything yourself - it is important to know the composition of the drinks. Kissels and compotes should be cooked from fresh fruits, berries, dried fruits. The diet will not spoil the oatmeal jelly.
Any juices can be used, including vegetable ones. But in the priority drinks from apples and citrus fruits. Of the latter, grapefruit and orange juices work best. It is desirable that the juices are freshly squeezed. And no sugar!
Diet Principles and Rules
It is impossible to sit on such a diet without preliminary preparation. It is impossible and abrupt to switch to the usual diet. Both phases - entry and exit - should be smooth. Only when this condition is met does the body have time to adapt to changes.
Preparing for a diet
A few days before switching to "water", you need to give up salty, sweet and flour foods. In the preparation phase, alcohol and carbonated drinks are excluded from the diet. A couple of days before starting the diet, you need to start eating mainly soups, cereals and fruits / vegetables. Plenty of salads and natural juices. This will help the body to rebuild and prepare for the change in "food course".
Water Diet Principles
Following a water diet involves a number of conditions. Among them:
- temporary, but complete, rejection of solid foods; only liquid ingredients are used for food, and the most useful and nutritious ones are those that are possible on a drinking diet;
- decreased physical activity; "Hungry" diet is associated with a temporary drop in tone, so it is necessary to calculate the load on the body - in which case it is not easy to replenish strength;
- switching to a fractional diet - it is recommended to eat 4-5 times in small portions a day;
- the lack of nutrients must be compensated by the intake of mineral and vitamin complexes and fish oil;
- stool observation: if, among the side effects of constipation, the use of laxatives may make sense; at least one trip to the toilet is needed daily;
- maximum diet period - 30 days; do not follow the lead of iron willpower and arrange a longer "race"; it is recommended to repeat the diet no more than once a year; but at the same time, you can sit on an additional short-term diet during the year.
Quitting the diet
Correct withdrawal from the drinking diet is the key to maintaining the result and health. A sudden transition to a regular diet is highly likely to lead to a rapid return of excess weight. The body will not benefit from jumping from one regime to another. The risk of a breakdown in the digestive system is great.
For these reasons, it is very important to return to your old diet smoothly. The basic principle is that the exit period should be twice the period of the diet itself. After a month of losing weight, it will take two months to recover. Have you followed the regimen for a week? You will need to get out of it two.
What is the gradual exit from the diet with drinking days? Let's look at the example of the most popular operating intervals.
Exit 30-day course
A two-month period is quite enough for the organism to adapt to the previous culinary realities. For a couple of months, you need not remember about fatty, spicy and salty. New products are introduced into the menu at such intervals that the original diet can be fully restored by the end of the term. During the entire period, you should maintain the hydrobalance provided for by the diet - continue to drink at least 1. 5 liters of water per day.
Approximate two-month exit scheme:
|1||Oatmeal is added to the breakfast diet|
|2||The menu is replenished with a cheese sandwich and a boiled egg|
|3||Diet expands with fresh vegetables and fruits|
|4||Fish and poultry, vegetable salads return to the menu|
|5+||Period of returning to the usual menu. Do not forget about the exclusion of fatty, spicy, fried and salty. Periodically it is recommended to arrange drinking fasting days.|
Exit 14-day course
Drinking a 14-day diet will take a month out of it. New products are introduced to the menu every 2 days. On the first day after the diet, the diet is supplemented with liquid oatmeal. It is consumed for breakfast. The rest of the meals are given to liquid foods. Gradually, following the indicated intervals, the menu is replenished with fish, meat and chicken broths (without salt), fresh berries and fruits, stewed in water and boiled vegetables.
It is advisable to start replenishing the diet with protein food no earlier than 2 weeks after the start of the exit phase.
Exit 7-day course
Drinking diet for a week requires 14-15 days. The principles of exit are similar, only in this case the menu is replenished with solid products every 1-2 days. Food must be chewed very thoroughly until it is liquid. This reduces the stress on the gastrointestinal tract, allowing it to exit the diet painlessly.
It is advisable to ensure that fruits and vegetables are not overly sour or sweet. Among other things, foods with a lot of starch and complex carbohydrates are recommended to be left for last. The body spends too much energy to digest such food.
Physical aspects are superimposed on psychological ones. "Thanks" to weakness, you can get out of the diet and early. And along with this, and "pick up" back what they have already dropped. To prevent this from happening, you need to motivate yourself. To do this, it is best to keep in mind the reward that diet will bring with it.
Menu for 7 days
The 7-day drinking diet is no different in terms of food from longer diets. It is recommended to change the ingredients daily. This will allow the body to receive a variety of nutrients.
A sample 7-day drinking diet menu might look like this:
|1||Low-fat dairy products - yogurt, kefir, milk|
|2||Soups, meat and vegetable broths|
|3||Fruit juices (always fresh)|
|4||Various fruit tea options|
|6||Fruit and berry compotes|
This is the hard option. But effective - most of the menu is devoted to water. The latter is the default, its daily amount has already been said. To avoid the appearance of puffiness, it is advisable not to drink before bedtime.
Less harsh options involve the inclusion of more “filling” foods. In these cases, it is recommended to include in the daily diet, for example, vegetable puree soup.
Diet Results and Feedback
The main motivator for adhering to a drinking diet is the before and after results. Until a person has experienced the effectiveness of the program, other people's successes inspire most of all for exploits. And there are successes. And considerable.
The beauty of the program is that there is no reason to doubt the effectiveness of the drinking diet - the reviews and results are based on the simplest principle. If the body receives less fat, it will definitely use up those that it had previously stored.
The main problem with the diet is its rigidity. The key to making it through the marathon is believing in the effectiveness of the diet. Therefore, keeping in mind other people's achievements, it is better to try your strength on a short-term diet. Following the principles set out for a week will save you a few kilograms. With this, in the future, you can already go to the classic, 30-day, period.
Better yet, losing weight together. Judging by the reviews, many do just that - they are looking for friends in misfortune. Friendly support sometimes means more than your own determination to go the way to the end. Let us remind you once again that you should not neglect medical advice. Together with body fat, you can also lose health. There are many ways to reach your goal, and the water diet is just one of them.